Want to know the big secret about volunteering as an alum?
It’s good for your career and your personal growth. Serving as a board or alumni network leader is rewarding. It provides a channel for you to show your Terp pride and to lead and engage with other alumni. It links alumni with students, promoting mentorship as well as a spirit of giving back.
Terp Service Month is Now DO GOOD Service Month!
Terps are bold, innovative, smart—and generous. Every April, alumni from California to Connecticut unite to do good in their communities, and you’re invited to take part in the action. Join with fellow alumni in your area to show how Terps give back during DO GOOD Service Month.
2017 Do Good Service Month Projects
- Local Alumni—Good Neighbor Day
- Latino Alumni—HYPE Program
- Montgomery County—A Wider Circle
- Bay Area Alumni—Project Open Hand
- CIVICUS Alumni—Martha's Table/McKenna's Wagon
- Smith School—Smith on Tap
- Smith School—Tyson's Corner Happy Hour
- DC Terps—Food and Friends
- Prince Georges County Alumni—SHARE Food Service Network
- Los Angeles Alumni—The Great LA River Clean Up
- Muslim Alumni -- Islamic Relief
- Orange County Alumni— March of Dimes March for Babies
Need help planning your network's Do Good Service Month project? Please contact your designated Alumni Association representative for assistance:
Meghan DeFord—D.C./Maryland/Virginia networks
Cara Folk—Florida/Texas/Southeast networks
Steve Glickman—New York/New England/Midwest networks
Meghan DeFord—Affinity and special interest networks
Jeff Sansouci—West Coast networks and PG County
Don't see your region listed? Please contact Meghan DeFord.